- Ohio and the surrounding region
- U.S. history, especially the Civil War era and abolitionism
- true crime
- Literary Studies:
- C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Inklings
We do not publish fiction.
- A three- to six-page description of the project, its purpose, its importance and uniqueness, its contribution to scholarship, its suitability to KSU Press’s publishing program, any competing book(s), and the target audience;
- A table of contents in which each chapter is described by a short paragraph;
- Two or three sample chapters (one of these should be the introduction), if available, or a sample of your published work;
- Your current c.v. or résumé
Direct inquiries to:
The Kent State University Press
1118 University Library
PO Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242–0001
For your convenience, the Kent State University Press provides the following downloadable guidelines in PDF format.
Note: Adobe’s Acrobat Reader software is required to view or print our submission guidelines.
If you don’t have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free here.