The Kent State University Press welcomes submissions of works in the following areas:
- Ohio and the surrounding region
- U.S. history, especially the Civil War era; abolitionism; U.S. foreign relations
- true crime
- Literary Studies:
- C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Inklings
Aside from thematic collections such as Christmas Stories from Ohio, we do not publish fiction.
We ask that proposals consist of the following:
- A cover letter or statement that describes the project, its importance and uniqueness, its suitability to KSU Press’s publishing program, any competing book(s), and the target audience;
- A table of contents in which each chapter is described by a short paragraph;
- Two or three sample chapters (one of these should be the introduction), if available, or a sample of your published work;
- A current c.v. or résumé
Direct inquiries to:
The Kent State University Press
1118 University Library
1125 Risman Drive
Kent, OH 44242–0001
Guidelines for Authors Under Contract
For your convenience, the Kent State University Press provides the following downloadable guidelines in PDF format.
Note: Adobe’s Acrobat Reader software is required to view or print our submission guidelines.
If you don’t have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free here.