Support the Press
“Books are the bees which carry the quickening pollen from one to another mind.”—James Russell Lowell
By giving a gift to the Press you become our partner in a process that enriches the nation’s intellectual and cultural life, and you help us to continue publishing groundbreaking scholarship and important general-interest books for years to come.
Why support the Press?
The Kent State University Press proudly publishes noteworthy scholarly and general-interest books and journals in the humanities. Making high quality books for the well informed reader is expensive, however, and some of our best books have an audience too limited to cover their costs. Like most nonprofits we flourish with the support of our friends.
Who are our partners?
The Press regularly collaborates with organizations both outside and within Kent State University. Our newest series— Writing Sports; Sacred Landmarks; and Violence Prevention, Intervention, and Policy—are edited by scholars at Southern Illinois, Cleveland State, Kent State Universities. Our well-established series on the immigrant experience, the Civil War, medical humanities, and U.S. foreign relations are edited by faculty at Case Western Reserve University, the University of Akron, Hiram College, and Kent State. We also publish the winners of the chapbook and first book poetry competitions from Kent State University’s Wick Poetry Center. In addition to these series we have recently partnered or copublished books with Canton Museum of Art, Western Reserve Historical Society, the Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Cleveland Sacred Landmarks Commission, and the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. With support from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, the Press has published the papers of Salmon P. Chase and Robert A. Taft.
- Support the publication of books in particular subject areas of interest to the Press and to the donor.
- Underwrite expenses for individual titles with special editorial, production, or marketing costs, such as a comprehensive index, color plates, or high-profile advertising.
- Support important books about Ohio and its people.
- Sustain existing series or launch new ones.
- Pay competitive advances and royalties to highly sought authors in order to publish important books that promise to make a profound contribution to scholarship and society.
- Enable development of Press staff by underwriting training and participation in professional conferences and workshops.
Most of all, your gift will ensure that The Kent State University Press will continue to publish important books that serve scholars and readers for years to come.
Make a Gift
To make an online donation to the Press please visit Kent State University Foundation’s online giving site here, click on the “give now” button, and in Step 3 designate your gift to the University Press. To make a larger gift please complete our pledge form here.
For more information or to discuss your gift contact:
Will Underwood, Director
Kent State University Press
1125 Risman Drive
PO Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Christine K. Isenberg
Director of Advancement
Kent State University Foundation
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
330 760-1588 Cell
Thank you for your generous support!